Caution: This may be kind-of a boastful post but when sometimes you’ve got to endorse wins in life.
Question 1 : Do you like praise ?
Answer 1 : Yes, I do but only when its genuine.Praise is an act of admiration and approval. It inspires good work and expressing genuine gratitude credits someone’s work.
Question 2 : Why are awards important ?
Answer 2 : Each award attracts more patrons so there’s opportunity to be inspired, learn something new and forge relationships.Awards figuratively quantify your efforts and of course boost your morale to do better.
Question 3: How important is to diversify ?
Answer 3: Spreading your work around so that your outlook is not directed to a singular audience. This also prevents your work quality from being volatile. Audience niche,common or SME is your choice entirely.
The first achievement last week was getting a ranking among the Top food bloggers of India by Rebateszone.com. I was ranked #41 among the stalwarts and seasoned for my writing and photography. Please check out the publication here.
The second achievement was winning at the DMBLGiT September 2015 the aesthetic category award. I was rather elated by the win as it was my first tryst with intra blogging events. Please check the publication here.
THE LIEBSTER AWARD
The third achievement was a goodwill award called as THE LIEBSTER AWARD from a fellow blogger Yossra Aboulfadl who is the creative brain behind the beautiful blog A Foodie’s Affairs.Please do check her blog for some very interesting recipes. I must say I am really honoured dear friend.Below are the questions she asked me as a part of the award format. I hope I do justice to the queries.
Hi Roy. I would love to congratulate you as I have nominated you for the Liebster award. I love your work and your blog is very special. Well done dear and keep going !!
- What does your blog mean to you?
The blog is my path to self discovery. It has helped me unleashed my creativity, helped me to slow down, admire beauty, make friends new and old and most importantly I discover my writer soul.
- Is blogging your full-time job? if not, would you give up your job for blogging?
No blogging is not my full-time job. I still earn my bread and butter through my core skills in IT.
- What’s your biggest challenge these days?
The biggest challenge these days is ensuring perfection in each an every post that I write. By nature I am a stickler for perfection and quite meticulous about every finest detail about my blog.
- What talents do you think your fortunate to have?
I think its my attention deficiency because that keeps me on my toes. I cannot be bottled and I keep opening a new door each day. I cannot fit into a repetitive pattern.
- Do you have time to read other blogs? if yes mention two of your favourites.
I mostly browse Facebook during the morning. The most used social media platform from a bloggers point of view. I would have bookmarked the blogs whose writings appeal to me. At the end of day I sit back and read the blogs. I have a penchant for writing and good writing evokes my imagination.
My two favourite blog writers are Sneh Roy and beth kirby.They really write from their heart and the words are quite carefully chosen.
- Do you consider yourself an organized person? why?
As mentioned above I am quite meticulous by nature. My blog post is conceptualised a week in advance.I first associate my story with the recipe in mind. Then do the grocery shopping for the same. Finally the particular lighting during the day that I want to use. But yes, photography is jugglery for me. Those innumerable to and fro walks from the setup to the camera is a good exercise regime for me.
- Chocolate or vanilla ?
I prefer sensuality. So definitely chocolate!
- How do you recharge your batteries, in other words how do you like to relax?
I like spending time with my friends. Unwinding over a drink or a movie. Psst. I love tinsel town page 3 gossips.
- What is the best decision you have ever made?
Endorsing the art of slow living.
- Who would be your role model in life?
The role model in my life is me. Without sounding narcissist, I like to learn and unlearn from myself each day. I believe a persons battles are its own and only the inner self can inspire him to fight back.
I would like to nominate:
My questions for the Nominees are :
- Tell us a little about yourself ? (Introduction)
- How does your blog relate to your passion for photography.
- What kind of photography do you like light or dark?
- Which is your fav shot and why?
- What has been one strong learning after starting as a food photographer?
- Where else can we find your work? magazine products
- How do you prepare for a photo shoot?
- What is that one trait which sets you apart from other photographers.
- What is your gear like?
- Who is your favorite photographer ?
The liebster rules: read more about the Liebster award here
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the lovely person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker (like the one above) in your post.
- Nominate other new blogger with less than two – hundred followers who you think are worthy of this award & let them know they have been nominated. (p.s. you may nominate the person who nominated you.)
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you and then make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- List the rules in your post (copy & paste).